Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Last Day

I can't believe that this is the last day before I set off on an incredible journey around the world. Part of me feels completely and utterly unprepared, but the fact that I don't really feel anxious or nervous proves that I'm ready as I'll ever be. (It could also just further illustrate my horrible procrastination in all aspects of life :).

The last month at home has been wonderful and I am lucky to have such good friends whom I will miss terribly. For so long I wanted to get away and see the world. I used to sit in my room at this time of day during high school when the sunlight would filter in as it is now, and I used to think about grand adventures of exploring the world. Now I am so happy with life here and in Keene that I am sad to leave. It's funny, isn't it?

The reality is that life now is ever changing and while each month can feel like a new year, it simultaneously feels like a flash. I will miss seeing friends and family back in the states, walking the streets of Keene in the wee hours while philosophizing about life, sitting in the Zorn Dining Commons for three hours for apparently no reason other than to socialize (procrastinate), and laying in bed only to realize that I hugged about 15 different people that day. The truth is that I'll be back before I know it and should relish every moment away. I know you guys will be with me in spirit and are only an email away. With that said, I am absolutely thrilled to go on an adventure of a lifetime and am happy to feel sad about leaving.

No comments: